Thursday, June 30, 2005

fishing for music

Today's google cast unveiled Kempa.com: MP3's of the week: Musical 'mistakes' / scoldings has a bunch of outakes of some happy accidents that were left in during the mix. Of note is the archers of loaf when the drummer hits his noes. Funny stuff. These aren't the full tunes but was ok. You could make a whole set-list of this stuff. Which could prove to be very annoying. I do like listening to live bootlegs for this very reason though even more. I like that you can get a sense of bands live energy, recording translation and live crowd chemistry. A recent show I downloaded(because I was there) was a wrens show from last year at Maxwells when all of a sudden they had a crowd and they were coping w/ the fact they didn't have to clap for themselves anymore and their jersey pride. Some of the other notable bootlegs I have somewhere in my archives are: firehose, melvins, mule, superchunk, helmet and ween off the top of my head. Gotta love that rockn roll. Some of these shows are on video to boot. Some other repositories: Music of Elliot smith and etree.org is for tapers who trade cdrs. Somebody hip me to the most recent peer to peer please as the courts duke it out with Mark Gorton of Limewire.

5 comments:

rj2yik said...

Hi There daviso !

Great post.

Music is the best reward, IMHO - For me today it's the smokin' piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. And I just can't stop moving - So Cool :)

I wonder if you feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Johnson
yahoo music video
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance

musiclover123987 said...

Hi There daviso !

Good post.

I'm a music fanatic, and I found your post, "this post", while looking for info on blues piano - I don't know why the post came up, but it did capture my attention! Thank You!

Hey - Tonight, I'm being frothed by the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. I just can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Jim
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

musiclover123987 said...

Hi daviso !

Nice post!

I really love that music means so much to so many. It brings us all together!

Right now, I'm rockin' out to the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. It smokes so righteously that I can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you can feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Sandy
blues piano
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com